You’ve had a positive test result. A doctor has confirmed it. You’re pregnant. If a pregnancy was not in your immediate plans, your choices are not easy. Please know that you are not alone. We’re here to help.
Support from friends who care can make all the difference as you may face some of these challenges:
- Fear that family members will lash out in anger, be deeply disappointed, or retreat behind “I told you so.”
- A boyfriend, lover, or even husband may not feel prepared for fatherhood.
- There may be too much pressure and too little money.
- Parenthood interfering with a promising education or career.
- Placing a baby for adoption after going through labour and delivery may seem emotionally unbearable.
What you don’t need … accusations, lectures, or simplistic advice to make a quick decision and “get on with life.”
What you do need … kindness, clarity, and practical help. You have a right to know what your options are and what help is available. Ultimately, you will have to decide what choice you are willing to live with. No one else has the power to do this for you.
The Crisis Pregnancy Centre is a safe place where trained peer counsellors will help you explore your options. We will discuss information on parenting, adoption and abortion with you. We will help you sort through the issues, choices, and changes. We can talk with your partner and your family.
You are not alone. We’re here to help. We have assisted over 16,500 women in such difficult circumstances. Others have been where you are and have made it through. You can do it too.
Please contact us if you like to discuss your options further.